Friday, December 16

Industrial accidents aka "Wrenchident"

I've already introduced you to my overly cheerful, somewhat air-headed, over-achieving, new fellow employee "Dannie."

Well, here's something that happended to me, via his not thinking, on Monday. To make things easier to describe, and for you readers to picture, I'm going to draw a little picture and then tell the events that occurred upon that slightly painful day. In order to see the image clearly you'll want to click on it...



Well, either I or "Dannie" mispunched a piece...meaning we messed it up and we had to reset some parts in the machine in order to resume production. As you see in the pic, there was a wrench next to the "harped" piece. "Dannie" asked if he should take the piece of the rollers so we could look at it. I agreed. It was then that "Dannie" pulled the piece towards the twelve punch in order to get some momentum to pull it off. That action also moved the wrench towards the machine...and off the rollers...towards the floor...and straight into my ankly bone. I yelled (which was about all I could do other than beat the rollers with a pry bar I had in my hand). Thankfully nothing (as in my ankle) was seriously injured, though it has been kinda sore the past few days.

Nothing like a good wrench hit on the ankle to keep you jumping in the middle of the day. ;-) I later accused "Dannie" of trying to take me out b/c I can punch so much faster than he...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home